Collecting and using your information
You can browse this website without having to disclose any personal data. However, we may collect statistical information about your visit to help us analyse usage and improve the website.
This information includes, but is not limited to:
- IP addresses and location
- search terms
- pages accessed on the website
- links that are clicked on
- date and time of visits
- previous visits to the website
- operating systems
- browsers and devices used when accessing the website.
This information will not be published in a form that could reasonably be expected to identify you but may be:
- viewed by website administrators and certain other PRRA staff
- shared with other government agencies
- used for statistical or research purposes.
This site uses Google Analytics cookies to provide traffic analysis which helps us improve our website.
None of the cookies we use collect identifiable information about you.
You can disable or delete cookies through your browser settings. Learn more about cookies and how you can manage them in your web browser on the allaboutcookies.org website(external link).
Disclosure of information
PRRA will not disclose your information to any third-party in a form that will identify you except in the following circumstances:
- Where you have consented to such disclosure.
- Where such disclosure is otherwise required or permitted by the Privacy Act 1993, or otherwise required or permitted by law.
Please note that PRRA is authorised to share some information with other government agencies under applicable law.
Access to your personal information
You have the right to:
- find out from us whether we hold personal information about you
- access that information
- request corrections to that information, if applicable.
Although your right to access information about yourself is strong, in certain circumstances we can decline. These circumstances are:
- when one of the reasons in sections 27-29 of the Privacy Act applies, or
- when another statute says that we don’t have to provide access to information.
The Pike River Recovery Agency website has security measures in place to prevent the loss, misuse and alteration of information under our control.
In order to maintain the cyber security of PRRA systems and information, our systems are subject to ongoing monitoring (including activity logging), analysis and auditing.
We may use information about your use of our website to prevent unauthorised access or attacks on these systems or to resolve such events. We may use this information even if you are not involved in such activity.
We may use services from one or more 3rd party suppliers to monitor or maintain the cyber security of our systems and information. These 3rd party suppliers will have access to monitoring and logging information as well as information processed on the PRRA website and other IT systems.
You can find further information on our obligations to protect your information on the Privacy Commissioner's website(external link).